27.2.09

La Paz - Chaotic but amazing

La Paz (Peace in English), the highest capital city in the world (around 4000m), is known as chaotic, dangerous and ugly. But I found the other side of this city. There is energy under its chaos. There is the beauty of its setting, the interesting details and its modernity. Though it did give me a hard time when I was running out of my breath while walking its steep streets. Or when I found myself waking up in the middle of the night as the air is too thin. La Paz is definitely one of my favourite cities in South America.

The stunning setting of the La Paz city in front of the snow-capped Mount Lllampu during the magic hour.


Like a sleepless city.

How bustling this city is!

La Paz during day time.

There are around 1.2millions people living in this city.


The cathedral and Plaza San Francisco where I strolled many times a day.


Local people like to sit in front of the cathedral from day to night.


I like the colourful scarfs which Bolivian women use. They use them to carry anything, food, clothes or children.


Street scene. Behind is a painting about the culture, legend and history of Bolivia.


Traditional dancing.




The mysterious witchcraft market, Mercado de Hechiceria.


Here you can find everything - things for improving your health, relationship, career, studying or maybe to poison your another half, I assume.


Scary dried baby Llama.

沒有留言: