4.3.09

The best of...Bolivia

Why Bolivia is my favourite country in South America?

First of all, must be its splendid landscape and nature. On top of all, my favourite place in Bolivia and the whole S.A is the trip of Salar de Uyuni. If you have read my entries and seen my pictures, you know how beautiful there is.

My second favourite is the energetic city, La Paz. After it, Potosi ranks number three in my heart with its unforgettable history and graceful buildings.

Besides, the living standard in Bolivia is not as expensive as other countries in S.A., a room or a bed costs around 4 to 5 USD. I can eat a very good meal with only 7 USD, which usually costs double or more in HK.

Therefore, unlike in other countries in S.A. where I always went to cheap local restaurants or cooked in hostel. I always dined out in Bolivia.

For example, in such a high class restaurant in La Paz, I ate a set dinner with buffet salad bar. And it only costed 50Bolivianos(7USD).

La Paz is a very modern city, with the highest concentration of rich people. There are restaurants of all kinds, like Thai, Japanese, Korean or Cuban food etc. My favourite restaurant is the Korean restaurant which I encountered accidentally when I applied for the Brazilian visa.

Bibi bop was always my choice.

Besides the Korean restaurant, the Lobo restaurant near my hostel is my second favourite. It served the largest hamburger I had ever eaten and the best hot chocolate.

All over Bolivia, I always looked for juice cart on the street. And I usually went to every local market in every city to look for fresh smoothie or fruit salad.

This fantastic fruit salad costed less than 1USD.

Tea time in a modern cafe in La Paz.

Besides, I am always fascinated with places where I can find the colourfulness of people's lives. Unlike Argentinans or Chileans who look exactly the same as Europeans. Indigenous bolivians who do not give up their traditional clothing give me a better idea of the traditional culture and history of Bolivia.

The indigenous woman with her baby on Isla del Sol.

Even in La Paz, such a modern city, I could see men with suits and ties were criss-crossing with indigenous people who wore their high hats and colourful dresses.

Sometimes I was surprised to see such an advertisment in Bolivia.

1 則留言:

kimiko 說...

I found your blog from Anna's blog. I envy you that you are traveling around South America now...I am also learning Spanish now but I live in Barcelona. I wish one day I could do just like what you are doing now - to travel around that beautiful continent.

All the best on your journey,