2.7.11

The first visit to the orphanage

‘If you let the river of life carries you along, you will always arrive the best place for you.’ This is my living philosophy and it is always true.

One of my missions of living HK this time is to volunteer. When I first arrived the capital of Nepal, Kathmandu, I didn’t have any good impressions on it, so I went straight to Pokhara. I was so happy that I could enjoy the beautiful Himalayas and the calm and beautiful Phewa Lake. Once I settled down in a nice and clean guesthouse, I started to look for healthy food. As I was always cooking fresh and organic food in HK and I seldom added salt, oil and chili, so when I first went out to the restaurant in Nepal, I could hardly order anything which were up to my standard.

So I used a whole day to search for another guesthouse, hoping to find a place where I can use the kitchen to cook, but it was in vain. Desperately I went back to my guesthouse and when I started to talk with the manager, he offered me to use the kitchen in the guesthouse! I immediately cooked my first home-made food in Nepal. Though it was just the simplest boiled vegetables and brown rice, it was the most delicious food in the world.

Every day I enjoyed the golden sunrise, sunset and the beautiful lake scenery at the roof top, it seemed that I had totally forgotten what was I supposed to do here. And it had already been two weeks since I left HK.

The beautiful Himalayas. One day, I got an email from my friend, he asked me how was my progress with the volunteer work. His email was like a bell in my head, it rang me up and reminded me that it was time for me to look for volunteer opportunities! Since I started to have this idea in my head, life also started to respond to me. Then when I was walking along the Lake Side, I saw a flyer on a telephone pole recruiting volunteers for an orphanage. I contacted the Chairman of this orphanage, Edventure Nepal, and I immediately visited the place next day. It is situated in a beautiful area in the middle of the hill and it is just 4km away from the Lake Side.

The orphanage is situated in a very beautiful area.

I found that this orphanage had just started for less than 2 weeks, Amrit and his sister-like friend, Tulasi had just rescued 3 sisters. So including the daughter of Laxmi, 6 of them are now living under the same roof and sharing whatever they have.

The lovely kids.

To be frank, after the first meeting with Amrit in the Lake Side, my mind kept warning me to be careful that they were cheating by the name of an orphanage, because they were looking for financial supports on top of volunteers. However, after the meeting, I suddenly got lots of ideas on how to help them like fund-raising and how to connect them with international charitable organizations. I found that I had learnt a lot because I have volunteered in different countries in the world.

Contrasting to my mind, I actually got a lots of God’s signs that told me they were the right people to help. For the first time, I saw the name, ‘Amrit’ on the flyer, I already got a familiar feeling, as my guru’s name is 'Amrita'. And so do all the names of them. For example, 2 of them are named ‘Tulasi’, which mean a sacred plant in India, and it is also seen as theIndian deity Krishan; 2 of them are named ‘Ganga’ and ‘Yemuna’, which both means the sacred rivers in India. And the last one is called ‘Laxmi’, this is exactly the name of the goddess of wealth in India. Maybe someone may think these are just common names in Nepal, but actually names like Ram, Hari, Sita, Deepak etc are far more common.

Teaching the kids English.

The most obvious God’s sign is that the orphanage is so close to the holy temple Bindavasini. And inside Bindavasini, the main goddesses are Devi and Kali. And you know what, my guru, Amma is worshipped as Devi and Kali!! After visiting the orphanage, I went to put incenses in the temple and meditated there for 10minutes. My heart told me, this was the place I should come and I should trust Amrit. Of course, before that, I had already asked everything about how the orphanage was set up and confirmed that there was nothing in doubt.

The peaceful Bindavasini Temple.

沒有留言: