2.7.11

Heart-opening journey

I still remember when I left India last year, my heart was full of love and compassion. So when I first came back to HK, I continued to practice what I learnt in India and spread selfless love around. However, facing such an extreme capitalist system and society like HK, it was a great challenge to keep my heart pure. After 7months in HK, I had already felt that it was getting more and more difficult to keep my mind and heart in balance.

Here in the orphanage, everyday playing with the children, receiving their innocent love and being like brother and sister with Amrit, I didn’t realized that I had actually become part of their family.

One day, Amrit invited me and Theo to his home which is 14KM far from the Lake Side. There live his mother, his brother and the three super cute buffaloes. His home is only a very simple two-storey stone house and I could see the old age was reflected on the wall. Beside the house, there is a piece of corn field, in which they only use buffaloes manure.

Amrit's buffaloes.

As in all Hindu families, women are always busy with the cooking and men are waiting to eat. Seeing the situation, I found that I was the only woman who was not in the kitchen! Seeing Amrit’s mother, his aunt and Tulasi were cooking the big meal in the kitchen, I was wondering should I help. On the opposite of what I was thinking, they offered me chai (mike tea, though I rejected as I normally don’t drink tea with caffeine) and asked me to sit and do not worry about the cooking. Though I could not really communicate with them verbally, I could feel their love and joy.

Finally, we were all sitting together with cross legs in a small room and eating the traditional Nepalese food Dhal Bhat (lentils, rice and vegetables). During the meals, they were talking and joking in Nepali, sometimes Amrit did the translation for us. Actually even if Amrit hadn’t translated for us, I could still feel that joy and peace in the house. I strongly felt that Amrit was really treating me like his sister and his mother was treating me like her daughter also.

We are such a big family!

At night, when I was back in the guesthouse and writing my journal, I suddenly realized that I was completely filled with the endless love by the orphanage and Amrit’s family. At that moment, I felt my heart was beating with all the love and compassion toward them! My heart was exploded with so much love that I felt so blissful, peaceful and happy. I had been away from this feeling for 9months already! Streams of tears slowly came down on my face, I was feeling so grateful because life had given me such a lovely family. I was not the person who was helping, they were in fact all God-sent angels, giving me love!

沒有留言: