2.7.11

Angels of love

Amrit and the kids.



I and Theo or sometimes only myself are used to come to the orphanage every day. Setting off from the Lake Side at 6am, take a 20minutes bus ride and walk up the hill for 15mins. When we are in the orphanage, we usually teach them English or play with them in the open ground area which has a fantastic view of the snow mountain range.

Playing at the top with the kids.

Besides, I am also discussing with Amrit about how the orphanage can get more supports from some international organizations. For example, I helped them to sign in as the member of Couchsurfing and Workaway; I also put their information on the travel forums in HK and Taiwan to recruit travelers as volunteers.

Until now, I got many positive responses, many friends from HK and Taiwan are planning to come to the orphanage when they will visit Nepal. Recently, 2 HK friends, Florence and Patricia and 2 Taiwan friends Athena and Darren had just visited here and all brought along with them nearly 20kg supplies in total. I am so touched by their sincerity and hard work of bringing all those things.

Volunteers from HK and Taiwan.

Besides that I should say thanks to many passing-by travelers who stopped and gave a helping hand. One of them is Teri, a dear friend of mine whom I met in HK when I was hosting travelers on Couchsurfing. She is such a warm person that who is always smiling to all situations in life like an angel, sending out love and warmth wherever she is. She deliberately made a turn from India to Nepal to see me and she also volunteers in the orphanage, giving many creative and practical ideas. When I think about the happy moments that I and other volunteers were playing our childhood games on the grass, remembering their genuine smiles, I feel super grateful that the river of life brings me all these angels.

Teri, me and the kids.

Actually at first I was worrying how they could afford the daily expenditures in the orphanage. At the early period, Amrit was working in a temporary census job, which only paid him 8000Rs (around 114USD). For Tulasi, though she had severe spinal cord and uterus pain, she still worked in a food-packaging factory for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. And she only got a monthly salary of 4000Rs (around 57USD). With this amount of income, they had to feed all the 4 children! This is really incredible in the eyes of those who come from a developed country. How can they possibly manage it?

I thought, I could help them at that time, but it was not a sustainable way as I was only a traveler without a stable job. At last, I decided to ask for help from my dear HK friends. The amazing experience happened next told me that I and Amrit were really living out our life purposes.

After I had sent out emails for one week, I gradually got many replies from my dear friends, giving me creative ideas and also the generous financial support! Because of their selfless help, this orphanage doesn’t need to worry about food in the meantime. I feel so deeply that this is all just grace and I am the instrument of God, which helps the loving and kind-hearted Amrit and Tulasi to fulfill their life mission step by step.

Recently, all volunteers brought the kids to the Lake Side. It was their first time to eat Pizza and row a boat on the Phewa Lake. It was such a happy day!

沒有留言: