2.8.09

Vipassana meditation in Mcleod Ganj

After one year of travelling, travelling itself is not my aim of going to India. Instead, there are so many things I want to do here. One of my goals is to learn meditation.

So once I left Delhi, I went straight to Mcleod Ganj, which is 12hours north of Delhi, and started the meditation course at the same day of my arrival. I was so grateful that I could join the course as I was in the waiting list originally. And I benefited a lot after the course. I can feel myself become more peaceful and calmer. It was also one of my objectives to eradicate my quick temper.

I was always thinking if my friends in HK or anywhere in the world could participate in this course, they would benefit a lot. Especially in HK, as we all grew up in the environment where taught us Buddhist values. We all know about that - giving is better than receiving, 'colour is empty, empty is colour', 'The 4 Bigs are empty' etc. But we just lack of practice. And Vipassana meditation is the way to put oneself to experience all these knowledges, but not just talking about it in intellectual level.

It was a 10days intensive meditation course, during the course, we could not talk (even with gestures or a glance) and we had to meditate over 10hours per day. At first, it was tough, either physically or mentally, but once I overcame all the obstacles, it was a joyful (at first), then a peaceful experience.

And the environment of the retreat is really nice, we were surrounded by nature and tranquility. The vegetarian food was fantastic and I could clean my stomach after the heavy Indian food in Delhi.

Though the course is so well-known and attracts so many people to join, it is still running by donation. So one can donate according to their financial ability after the course.

And I found out there are so many retreats all over the world, even in HK, I never know that, so if you are interested, please go to this website: Vipassana meditation.

My simple and basic room.


A view of the little garden from my window.

After the 'Noble silence' was cancelled on the last day, it became 'Noble Chatting', all the girls chatted without stoping at any single moment!


The retreat was not so big, we only had a path which was about 400metres that we could stretch our legs during the free time.


It was the lovely little spot where I liked to come and experienced the nature during my free time.


My favourite angle of appreciating the nature in the surrounding.


These big and lovely(at first I thought they were disgusting) snails were everywhere!


It rained almost everyday and every second, it was so humid that wild mushrooms were everywhere.


I was seaching for the 4-leaf clover.

I enjoyed looking at the beautiful flowers very much. You know, we could not talk, we became more aware of everything surrounded.

1 則留言:

匿名 說...

Dear Bing Lee,

By chance seeing your blog and your experience about meditation that is so precious. I am also practising meditation and the system is called Sahaj Marg which is a worldwide NGO http://www.sahajmarg.org/1#

Fix your goal and keep going!

Sophia (sophia_prc@yahoo.com)