2.8.09

First impression of India - the Chaotic Delhi

Once I arrived from London to Delhi, except at first feeling the great increase of temperature, my other feeling about Delhi is Chaotic. The crazy traffic, the crazy rickshaws, the crazy pedestrians, in addition to the hot and humid weather, one can only feel headache and irritated.

The common traffic jam in Delhi.



The chaotic street.



The busy main road in front of the Red Fortress.

Luckily, thanks for my dear friend Florian, I was introduced to an Indian family in Delhi. They took very good care of me, they fed me with excellent Indian food and they told me a lot of useful information. I felt it was too good to be true that I didn't feel like I was in India!

We were having a big dinner. Indian family members usually live together, so the building is consisted of 4 different families. As a result, there were always kids running and screaming around.


It was unbearably hot in Delhi, but I was so lucky to meet the first drop of the monsoon (it was delayed by almost 2weeks), so I went for sight-seeing after the rain had cooled down the air. The grand Red Fortress.


Inside the Red Fortress.








There were not so many foreign tourists during this monsoon season, but local tourists.




The elegant marble hall.




To be honest, I didn't see and experience much of Delhi, as I was always pampered by my friends in their house. But I was lucky to learn more about how Indian families are, how they think and how the real Indian food is. I am really grateful for this interesting experience. And I am certainly going back to see these lovely families again when I return to Delhi.

5 則留言:

匿名 說...

hi Pink mom,

finally i am here! I've added your blog to my favourite, will check it out from time to time then.

K

Doris 說...

Hello Pink,

I am so glad to have been introduced to your blog from Annatam's blog. I also love Bolivia, travelling, exploring, learning languages, and being on journey. Really, i'm so happy to find people that enjoy similar things as I do. Reading your entries and seeing your photos make me miss my past journeys so much, all the images and memories rush out in my mind. Espero que sigas un viaje maravillo! Ademas tambien espero que algun dia podamos ser amigas! Bueno Pink, cuidate mucho. Tengo muchas ganas de leer nuevos articulos tuyos!

Doris

Unknown 說...

Miss you pink!!!!!! ^^

Joseph 說...

Hello Pink!
I am Joseph
Knowing that u are now in India. I will be in Nepal from 23/9 to 8/10 for treking ABC. Let's see if we can meet up

ontheroadoyh 說...

Hi Pink,

I'm planning to spend a year in Quito learning Spanish next year, and I was wondering if you would be so kind as to recommend me some schools? I will also buy a guidebook and check out the information they have as you recommended, but at the same time I would really appreciate it if you could elaborate on your personal experience a bit. Thank you very much!

Best,
Olivia