3.7.09

Learning Italian

While I was waiting for my visa in Rome, I decided to learn Italian.

Why I paid almost 10euros per hours to learn another not useful language(I think probably Italy is the only country where I can speak Italian)? Am I crazy?

Yes, I am really crazy in learning about language. There is no reason to explain the feeling when I can speak another languages and when I am learning it. It just gives me the feeling like falling in love.

Moreover, I always feel frustrated if I cannot speak the local language with the people there. I want to use their language to communicate with them and to learn more about their cultures. And to your surprise, Italian people don't have a high standard of English education, so speaking Italian can be useful.

Furthermore, Italian is such a beautiful language, just listening to it and speaking it is already a pleasure for me. Because I have the foundation of Spanish, learning Italian just becomes so easy for me. They have the similar grammer structure, similar spelling of vocabulary, similar pronuncation. Though it also confuses me sometimes, I mix the two languages while I am speaking.

However, comparing with the learning experience in Ecuador, I needed to pay more money for the class, I need to share one teacher with more student in the classroom, I also got less chance to practise. But, here is Italy! I cannot expect I can pay the same small amount of money and get the same result as in Ecuador.

But I also enjoyed it, I like the interaction with other classmates. And I met interesting people in the class. I found that most often, the people who learn Italian are out of religious reasons.

In my class, there were 2 Colombians, one is a prist, the other is a professor in Teology. Then there was a nun from Poland, who could only speak her language and Italian. I cannot imagine how hard it took her to learn Italian! There was also a woman from Kenya, who is studying Teology in Rome. And there were also 2 Brazilian, one Japanese girl. Such an interesting combination. But I found out that religious people like prist and nun are not necessary serious and stubbon. They are so funny and intersting like normal people.

I studied for 3weeks in Rome, 4hours a day, 5days a week. But the result is far less sufficient than what I can learn if I can take a private lesson. If it was not because the cost was too high(I also need to consider the accomodation cost), I will continue my study. It was such a happy experience.

Our school. The nun, Sr Corole is really cute.

Our class. The girl with red hair is our teacher, Maricla. She is really good and has a sense of humour.

Website of my school: Dante Alighieri

沒有留言: