2.8.09

Learning Tibetan in Mcleod Ganj

Another goal for me in India is to learn Tibetan. I think I don't need to explain why I am learning Tibetan if you know me well or if you read my previous entry about learning Italian.

So I am going to stay in this little town, Mcleod Ganj, where the exile government of Tibet is situated, for another two months, so as to learn more Tibetan.

Mcleod Ganj is not similar to any other towns in India. There are lots of Tibetans living here, you can find Tibetan temples, Tibetan food, Tibetan clothes and Tibetan accessories etc. And the Tibetans are so nice that it is very easy to talk with.

It is the rainy season in this region, and I was not surprised to learn that it has the 2nd highest rainfall in Asia as it really rains EVERYDAY.

The main Tibetan temple in the busy street.

A monk is turning the prayer-wheel.

Mcleod Ganj is situated at the foothill of Himalaya, so all the streets are leading upwards. I am walking up this steep staircase everyday from my hostel.


The quiet and adorable dog in my hostel.

You can see the whole town is on the hill slope.

The huge Himalayan range is just at the back.

It was such a rare moment that we could have such blue and clear sky. Most of the time, it was just misty and rainy.


So my new flip flop is very functional in this rainy, muddy and hilly town.


The shortcut to the Tibetan library where I study. Even though there is a short cut, I still need to walk at least 20mins every day from my hostel to the library.


The cloud started to accumulated over the whole complex of Tibetan government in exile.


The library of the Tibetan government in exile. The Tibetan people also walk around this building in clockwise direction.


Usually the area is cloudy and misty like this! We were going to the waterfall near Bhagsu(15mins walk from Mcleod Ganj), but at first we only saw this!


At last we saw something.


A swimming pool in Bhagsu, where we only found men swimming.


A cute Indian child in Bhagsu.

Just 25mins by car downhill, you can find the town Dharamsala. The weather here is much hotter than Mcleod Ganj.


We could even find durians here!

Another fruit store in Dharamsala.

A typical scene in India. As we could not compete with the local people to sit at the top, so at last we squeezed ourselves into a smaller jeep to go back to Mcleod Ganj.

沒有留言: