3.7.09

Anniversary/Aniversario/Anniversario

Time flies. On 28th June 2008, I flew to Ecuador from Hong Kong. One year later, I was in Abruzzo, near Rome, Italy.

During the past year, I was in Ecuador, learning my Spanish. Then I went to Peru, unexpectedly travelled to Bolivia, and fell in love with the region of Salar del Uyuni.

I went to Brazil, Argentina, Uruguary, Chile. I experienced the nature in Patagonia, I went to the southern tip of the land, had a white birthday and was impressed by the wildness of Torres del Paine in Chile.

I suffered the heat and the ant attack on Easter Island. But I love the yearly festival, Tapati there. Then I flew to the notorious Colombia and I found it is my favourite country ever. I love the people, the landscape and the culture there.

Sadly, I had to leave Colombia for Mexico. But it turned out to be my second favourite country, there are wonderful and nice people, delicious and diversified food, more than thousands of years of history and culture.

Amid the panic of Swine Flu, I arrived in Cuba, deeply understand the difficulties of the Cuban people. I loved Cuba, but I also fled to Mexico 2days earlier as I planned.

After 10 months in Latin America, I was totally not used to the high civilization in Switzerland. Luckily, I was pampered by my dear friends in Switzerland. I also met lots of friends whom I met on the road in London. I visited lots of museums and galleries, I enjoyed such a good time there.

Before I can head to my next dream country, India, it already made me suffer a lot. I flew to Italy to apply for the visa, I waited for weeks, I paid a lot for the visa, but it still turned out to be not what I wanted...

Anyway, I am definitely going to experience India in July, especially the hot and the monsoon...

To celebrate the 1st anniversary, I went for a little trek with my Italian friends in Abruzzo. It is around 3 hours away from Rome, where situates the rocky and strange shaped mountain, Gran Sasso (more than 3000metres), means the big stone. Its sharp surface and granite texture reminds me of Patagonia. Unluckily, the unstable summer weather prevented me to appreciate it to its most.

When talking about trekking, based on my experiences in South America, I always think it takes a few hours of tough walking. To my surprise, it was only a small trek that it only took us one hour to reach the destination.


Gran Sasso was totally covered by clouds. I could only see a little bit of its face amid the clouds.


Wonderful landscape. I never imagine a place where is so close to Rome can have such a nature.


The wildlife is so lively here.



A beautiful farmhouse on the path.



The scenery along the path.

There are lots of Visciola (similar to cherry) trees along the path.


In the end, it became a visciola picking trip, we almost picked all the visciola on the trees! They are so delicious and fresh!

沒有留言: