27.5.10

Before the wedding 1 - BBQ and the Zoo

When I arrived at Basel, Switzerland. I was so surprised by the warm weather, it was such a big contrast against the cold weather in Rome. Everywhere was so green and colourful, which made my eyes almost cannot open.

As Ursina and Fabrizio were both working, so I followed the instruction written by Ursina to find the bus, the tram, the house and the key. The whole process was like the treasure hunt game which I used to play in primary school. And the treasure which was waiting for this sweating and tired traveller was the delicious Swiss food!

The sweet words left by Ursina. I was laughing a lot when I saw it behind the door.
Photobucket

Actually, it was an abnormal sunny day for them also. It was as warm as over 26 degree, like in the middle of summer. But it was still rainy and cold the day before. In order not to waste this beautiful day, we had a barbecue in their beautiful garden.

As beautiful as ever. Photobucket

I agree with Fabrizio very much that, if I was living here, I didn't need to travel to another part of the world anymore, because the heaven was always here.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Do you recognize this situation? Last year, almost exactly the same time, we were having barbecue also!
Photobucket

But this year, we had a special guest! Julieta! The niece and also god daughter of my friends.
Photobucket

And the brother and his wife who is from Buenos Aires. I was so happy to speak in Spanish and talked about all the delicious food and beautiful places there with her.
Photobucket

Yum Yum! She is my new favourite baby. Photobucket

And her little cat. Photobucket

The next day, we were baby-sitting Julieta so as to let her parents had a very rare break from the baby. Unluckily, the weather turned 180 degree from the day before. It changed to its typical rainy weather again.
Photobucket

Actually, they fit the job of parents very capably, hehe. Photobucket

Photobucket

I seldom went to the zoo, so it was very new for me also. It seemed I was more excited than the baby.


First time to see a giraffe. They are so tall! Photobucket

We were so close to the lion! He looked proud but sad. At the same time, there was a group of stupid teenagers(who were speaking in Italian) provoking the lions.
Photobucket

A beautiful cheetah hiding behind the bushes. Photobucket

King penguins, some of them were changing the fur. Photobucket

My first time to see a rhinoceros. Photobucket

I always thought the American buffalos were all killed by the cowboys! Luckily, they are preserved.
Photobucket

Julieta was really not so interested in the animals. As she is such an energetic baby, she just ran from one cage to another, from one window to another. This was the reason why we went to such a big zoo...
Photobucket

It seemed Fabrizio wanted to promote 'a real communication' between a baby and a goat. So he pushed the baby trolly forward.
Photobucket

I don't know whether the goat failed in asking a date out from Julieta, then theathened her or she smelt the bad breath from the goat. Anyway, she started to cry.
Photobucket

But she was soon relieved by a banana! Photobucket

沒有留言: