10.5.09

Remedios

Remedios, a sleepy town about 4hours east of La Havana, is my favourite city in Cuba. Its tranquility and the simpleness of the lives here touched me so much that it bought back the sweet parts of my childhood memories.

Thanks for the well-built resort area nearby, all the European tourists mainly go to the resort, but seldom go into the town. So I could enjoy the privilege of being the only foreign tourist stroding around the town, enabling me to have more local contact with the people.

A stroll through the town.



A lost-in-time window and bench.

The cathedral in the main plaza.

The tower of the church.

A beautiful place to take a rest.

There are many trees around the plaza.

'Taxi' waiting for passengers.

The cuban version of 'Statue of Liberty.

Beautiful corridor.



Harmony.

I have forgotten the place and time.

A very typical spanish style door handle.



The time is returning to the past.

A steam locomotive near the town.

沒有留言: