9.12.08

The best of ......Peru

Usually, all the tourists mainly go to the southern Peru, like the Nazca line and Machu Picchu, but I found Northern Peru is the less touristic and more authentic than the south. And most of my favourite are in Northern.

Definitely, my No.1 is the jewel-like mineral lakes and perfect snow-capped snow mountains of the Santa Cruz trekking in Huaraz. The experiences were really unforgettable.

But when I talked with many travellers who have been to Peru, I found many of them don't even know the name of Huaraz. It may be a pity to them, but due to this reason, the place is less touristic and so only lucky ones who can be able to enjoy the scenic view of the wonderful Andean.

Before I went back to Peru for the second time, my No.2 is Trujillo and the ruin, Huaca de la Luna. Trujillo has the most beautiful plaza I have ever seen in Peru and Huaca de la Luna is a vivid and living ruin which impressed me a lot.

However, when I came back to Peru to take the flight and was able to visit Arequipa and the Santa Catalina Convent, I found my ranking had been changed. I has fallen in love with the elegant city Arequipa and its Santa Catalina made me even didn't want to leave Peru. I would love to stay there for a week, enjoying the elegant blue, charming orange and peru white corridors and architectures without feeling tired.

1 則留言:

Dr. Watson 說...

Hi Bing Lee,

It is such a surprise to view your South American trips in your blog.

I am from HK who has been living in Tokyo for some years. My husband and I also visited Peru in Sept 2008 according to an internet arranged tour that we picked. We found that with our primitive Spanish that we have learned after our Spain visit, it didn't help much in the Peru travel.

Arequipa is a wonderful city. It reminds me of Codoba.