20.8.08

A pause of my studying

After today, I will be studying for spanish for 142 hours. Although my listening is still not good, but I am already able to communicate with the local people. And after learning so many grammers, I really need to go practising my spanish with the people.

Therefore, after today, I will start travelling. First I will go south of Ecuador, and continue to Peru.

Concluding my studying, I feel really comfortable to studying in Ecuador. As it is quite cheap compared with HK and there are so many opportunities for me to practise the things I learnt.

For the 142hours I study, I only paid about 5000HKD/640USD, and it is one to one lesson. It sounds really incredible to get so many hours of studying and with such a good quality in HK, but it is true in Ecuador.

I remember when I was studying in University, I could only get 3hours of lesson each WEEK, so for the hours I study here is just equal to a few year of studying in HK.

I have 3 teachers in total, each of them have different style, for my first teacher in Beraca(Quito), she is very funny and experienced and knows how to ask me questions or talk so I can use the things I learnt. But she really gave me lots of homework(but that's good for my spanish) and her accent is quite strong for me.

The second teacher I had was in Otavalo, she can't speak English at all, but she is really good in explaining vocabs in her own way, and I have no problem in understanding her normally. But she is not too organized in teaching and is ofter late for school.

The third teach I had was when I came back to Quito. She is excellent, I love her most because she explained everything very clearly and very patient. She is also very well educated, experienced, so she can ansewer all my questions. But her teaching style is quite slow for me, maybe because I am going to leave and I want to learn more and faster, so I think she is a little bit slow, but it's good for absorbing the new things.

So learning in Ecuador is very good if you really serious in learning spanish, the one to one lesson is great for all level of learner and you can adjust the pace of learning as you like. I can request how long I want to learn in a day or a week, I even requested to learn in Sat and Sun, as I am really in the mood of studying and the school of Beraca can provide such flexibility for me. That's great!

And normally, when I study 4 hours per day, that is from 9am to 1pm, we ususally have a break of 20mins at 11am. By this break, I can meet other students and we could practise our spanish. And sometimes, the teachers will arrange some games, so we can learn spanish during the games.

But as the fee of my school is very cheap(around 5USD), so it doesn't provide any trips of excursions or the students. Actually I don't mind, because I care about studying more. But if you want to have fun, I heard from the backpackers that some other school will provide many excursions, cooking lessons or Salsa dance for the students. But it is more expensive. I heard one student pay 10USD per hours for all these additional things.

So if you want to learn spanish here, it really depends on what you want and your budget.

6 則留言:

匿名 說...

hihi, me and my fd are planning to study spainish ( we dont know anything about spainish)in south america for 2 months, nov and dec, and still searching which countries and cites and even school to learn, could u help me? pls? BA sounds fun but is that ur city is more practical and cheap?
In fact, we were planned to go to spain and the course fee+accodomation + ticket is around 23000, and we want to study in a cheaper way, so may change to s. amercia. Any suggestion?
my msn is chengsukwah@hotmail.com

pls help us and suggest la, thx a lot
spring

Unknown 說...

Hi Pink,

I am looking for a school to learn spanish. I don't know anything about Spanish. I will go alone by myself like you. I am studying in UK at the moment and might have a budget about £1000-1500 for sonaish study. I would like to find a good quality school in a save place for probably 2-3 months before returning to Taiwan. I wonder if you could kindly help to give some recommendations.

my email is: josie.c.yu@gmail.com
Regards,

Josie

Unknown 說...

Hi Pink,

I am looking for a school to learn spanish. I don't know anything about Spanish. I will go alone by myself like you. I am studying in UK at the moment and might have a budget about £1000-1500 for sonaish study. I would like to find a good quality school in a save place for probably 2-3 months before returning to Taiwan. I wonder if you could kindly help to give some recommendations.

my email is: josie.c.yu@gmail.com
Regards,

Josie

kimiko 說...

Oh my god, your tuition is so cheap~~~ comparing with Barcelona.
Though it's an amazing city;it's not really an ideal place to learn Spanish because they speak Catalan~~~and I am sure you have learned much much more through your traveling...:)

匿名 說...

Hello Pink,

Thank you for sharing your trips. I am in Guayaquil, Ecuador, looking for a place to learn Spanish. Do you still contact your home stay or spanish teachers in Ecuador? Please give me some informations about finding a good place, school and teachers for learning Spanish. Thank you!
my e-mail: meng-yuan@hotmail.com

Best,
Mon

匿名 說...

Hey, It is so interesting to read your blog! bunch of useful information there! Thank you a lot for sharing!

Could you please send me the spanish schools name you recommand? We are two girls studying in US from China.I would be very appreciated!

My Email address is wangjue106@hotmail.com