12.8.08

Marco and his family

In Otavalo, I was so lucky to be able to live in the family of Marco. They treated me so well, just like I was their daughter. Although they talked so fast during the meals and I hardly understand what they were talking about.

But if they were speaking to me, they were always very patient and speaking slower, which made me feel very good.

So on the last day I stayed in their house, I decided to cook a dinner for them as to show my thanks.

For my friends whom know me well, should also know that I didn't cook in my home, the best I can cook should be instant noodle! So deciding to cook for the whole family (including me, there are 6 people), it was really a challenge for me.

So I went for the internet to search for some Chinese recipes. Originally, I found some good and easy recipes, but when I went to the supermarket, I couldn't figure out the espanol names of the ingredients, so I failed to buy the ingredients recommended by those recipes!

Finally I used all my limited knowledge about cooking and finished cooking the fried rice in omelette. Luckily, the meal was not awful and even I could eat them. Though the family said they love the food, I really hope they were not just said that in courtesy!

Before I came, I have thought about to learn cooking because I knew I would have one day like this. But I didn't have enough time to do that. Now I think I should learn how to cook south american food instead so as to cook for my friends when I come back.

The big house of the family.


And their big dog!

2 則留言:

serafina 說...

Hola Pink
我來自台灣,之前另一個香港人的網站(去中南美洲學西班牙文)有和你通過一次mail,想不到你已經出發了..Que feliz!
有機會在blog多和我們分享Ecuador的一切吧!ámino!!

Unknown 說...

wooo, pink!! seems u hv a great life there!!!! i like that big fat dog!!!!!!!!!!! take care and miss you much! im fine in hk la~~ :*)
iman