16.5.09

Beaches in Cuba 3 - Playa Ancon and Varadero

South of Trindad, there is the beach called Playa Ancon. The sea near the coast is not too deep and very transparent, so we did a little bit of snorkeling here(even though I cannot swim), and I could see many fish and coral reef.

There is also a natural swimming pool where the waves are blocked by the rock, so I learnt swimming from my spanish friend. But I was still too nervous and tired to learn for a long time, so I didn't succeed, but I did make a progress.

The quiet part of the Playa Ancon.

All the beaches in Cuba are equally beautiful.

Sitting under the shade of a palm tree.

There are many coral bones on the beach.

About 3 hours east of La Havana, there is the other resort beach, Varadero. Actually, I don't know why is it so famous among Europeans. My spanish friends said it is very popular for Spaniards to come for holiday, so they really wanted to see it. But after visiting this touristic place where there weren't any local people, we all agreed that it was not worth to come here. Because comparing with other beautiful, wild and not touristic beaches in Cuba, the only special thing Varadera has, are the many ugly hotels located along the beach.

Beach in Varadera.

It totally didn't arouse me any interest of taking pictures.

There are only European tourists.

沒有留言: