14.10.08

Trujillo - The Chan Chan complex

Actually, around the region of Trujillo is very interesting. Besides Huaca de la Luna and Huaca del Sol, just 30mins away from the city centre, situated the famous capital city of the Chimu Empire, Chan Chan.

From this chart, I know more about the timeline of the Peruvian civilization. Chimu Empire is after Moche (e.g. Huaca de la Luna) and before Inca, which is around 1100AD.


Whenever you see this fish, you know it is the famous ruin of Chan Chan.

Since lack of preservation, we can only use our imagination to re-paint the colour of the ruin.





The deep water reservoir inside the ruin. The greenery is really a big contrast to the desert like ruin.


The royal tombs.

Supposed to be the guard in Chan Chan?

As we didnt employ a guide in the ruin, the museum turned out to be more interesting and more vivid.




2 則留言:

匿名 說...

Hello Pink good to see you here. I read some of your entries and they impressed me!
I've been to XinJiang for 14 days in September and I am finding a job now.
Here are some photos of my trip and you can have a look when you have time:

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x296/fotosjojo/?albumview=grid

匿名 說...

Mmmnnn, I saw this on national geographic b4!

Auch