13.10.08

Huanchaco - where I celebrated the Mid-Autumn Festival

Just about 12km west of Trujillo, lies the famous surfing little village, Huanchaco.

As it was the Mid-Autumn Festival in Hong Kong and China (on this day, the moon is the brighest and most rounded in a year), and it is my or Hong Kong traditon to go to the beach to celebrate the Mid-Autumn, so I decided to go to the small fishing village(in the past), Huanchaco, to enjoy my first Chinese festival abroad.

Thanks for all the greetings from my friends in Hong Kong and the "mooncake" in fotos. Luckily, I was also able to "make" my own mooncake and found the traditional festival fruit, star fruits in the fresh market in Peru.

Besides enjoying my first day time Mid-Autumn Festival picnic, Huanchaco was charming enough for me to spend the whole afternoon and relax under the sun and sea breeze.

The traditional reed boat rowing across the sea.


Although Huanchao is flooded with tourist, it is still keeping its traditional side.


Little girl is enjoying the sea breeze.

It is hard to believe here is Peru, right?

Lots of Peruvians holiday makers are enoying the big waves and beautiful sunset in Huanchao.


Do you think the moon in South America is more rounded?

沒有留言: