17.7.08

A Move

A moment between new and old,Iglesia de Santo Domingo in the old city.

After learning Spanish for nearly 3 weeks, I will have a little change here.

As I have some troubles with the home stay family, just not so compatible with the older generation (it is always the case for me), though I love the food so much that is cooked by the home stay mum (or 'grandmum' more properly), I need some 'fresh air', both in the sense of countryside fresh air and fresh air of my freedom.

I have thought about it over and over, I paid my cost of giving up all the things in Hong Kong and I also paid for the home stay or studying. If I feel uncomfortable, I can just leave, anytime, to anywhere.

Another reason for my move is that I study too much Spanish and I have no time to digest. So I would like to take this chance to practise my Spanish and absorb what I have learnt.

So I have decided to take a break after this Friday, I will travel for a week with Mel. We will go to Otavalo, which is in the North of Quito and travel around the places and forest nearby. Then I will look for the Spanish school or again, home stay family in Otavalo. As Otavalo is a little town in the countryside and there are lots of highland indians people living there, I hope I can have a brand new vision of Ecuador, not only the big city and the pollution in Quito. And I hope I can live with the indian family there. Otherwise, I can just come back to Quito, and restart my studying in the same school again.

I hope I will have good luck!

沒有留言: