17.7.08

El Panecillo

Last Saturday, I and Melanie, who is also living in the same family with me, went to the top of the small hill in the south. The name of the hill is called El Panecillo, which means little bread loaf in English, and there is the Virgen of Quito standing on the top of the hill, overlooking the whole old city of Quito and looking eyes to eyes with the La Basilica at the opposite.

Virgen of Quito We used an hour to walk from our home to the old city, and then we used another 45 mins to walk up to the hill. It was such a tough work, as the altitude here is near 3000m over the sea level, so I though we were just like climbing a 1000m mountain and had climbed for 2 hours!

Can you see the La Basilica in the middle(though it becomes small now)?


But just like I went up to the top of the La Basilica last time, you will be rewarded for such a tough walk. The view over the top of El Panecillo is so splendid, besides I can have a look of the old city, I can also go to the back of the hill where situates even much more houses outside the New and the Old city. I can see the colourful houses all situated in the middle of the volcano, Volcan Pichincha and the small river running.

I and Mel were sitting on the grass for half an hour, just listened to the bird singing and enjoying the nice view of the city. Though it was not as sunny and beautiful as the weekend before, I still treasure the little peacefulness in my heart.

Pleasant flowers resting on my bag

沒有留言: