3.7.09

Fantastic food in Switzerland

Only thinking about the food in Switzerland, already moves my thumb. Especially when you have a Swiss friend who fed you with all the best food in Switzerland, plus the wonderful scenery I saw, everyday of my life in Switzerland was just like in heaven.

Everyday, Ursina was busy preparing food for the hungary me...Thanks my dear Ursina!


Warning: If you have an empty stomach now, please quit this page immediately.

Raclette. Another kind of cheese fordue.

As some of you may well remember, I mentioned the Raclette of my last trip to Switzerland also. I love it so much! Finally after 4 years of waiting, I could taste it again!

You have to prepare some big pieces of cheese, potatoes, some vegetables and meat etc.


Then you can melt the cheese in this special hot pot and eat the food with the melted cheese. Yum!!


Cheese Fondue.

The real cheese fondue only eat with pieces of bread, not like those in HK, with all kinds of meat.

Wow, so cheesy!


Cheese.

Cheese is a very important diet in Swiss meal. There are thousands kinds of cheese there. I don't know how to distinguish them at all even after 2 weeks of Swiss meal. I can only tell you I don't like the typical cheese that has holes on it(like those cheese image in cartoon).

But I do love the cheese in the above cheese Raclette and cheese fondue. And also the cheese which we ate on the sailing boat.

So many different kinds of cheese! They make me dazzled.



Chocolate.

I think I don't need to say anything about how good is Swiss chocolate. I just went crazy with the chocolate while I was in Switzerland. Chocolate was almost a must on my daily diet. So if you find I put on weight in the fotos, that must be the effect of the powerful Swiss chocolate.

Though I bought a dozen bar of chcolate to London as gifts to my dear friends there, I still regreted that I didn't buy enough! As everyone just fell in love with my chocolate! And my favourite kind of chocolate can only be found in Switzerland! okay, I will wait for another 4years...

Oh My God, a whole box of Lindt chocolate! How lucky is the sister-in-law of Ursina! As he is the shareholder of Lindt, so he receives a big box of Lindt chocolate every year! I also want to buy the stock of Lindt...


A chocolate shop in Bern.



Chocolate Fondue.

Except cheese fondue, chocolate fondue is also the specialty of Switzerland. With a special kind of cooking chocolate, Ursina's prepared us the most delicious chocolate fondue. Yummy!!

The amount of chocolate I ate that day was enough for my chocolate appetite for two days.

It usually comes with fruits.

Asparagus.

It was my first time to eat the whole piece of asparagus and ate it as the main meal. I think I usually tasted the tiny pieces of them in soup in HK. I found that they are such kind of delicious food in the world, I just fell in love with them.

Ursina's mum was preparing for the special white asparagus.

The sauce made by her mum was so special and incredibly rich. She even just cut the leaves with garlic taste(the first time I had even tasted it) from her garden, so fresh!


Swiss barbecue.

In HK, we usually barbecue with the sticks and roll the food over and over on the pit. Here in Switzerland, it is more common to grill the food on the iron net, and we just eat it like fast food.

Ursina was the chef of the barbecue night in her garden in Basel.


Fabrizio was preparing the barbecue in the mountain hut.

Pizza.

While we were in the Italian part of Switzerland, of course, we should eat pizza!

Home-made pizza.


Gelato.

In addition to pizza, Italy is also famous for its ice-cream, Gelato in Italian. So it is not surprised to find a lot of Gelato shop on street in Lucarno and Lugano.

We were queueing outside this Gelato shop. Maybe it is a famous one?


The above were only the highlights of all the fantastic food I ate in Switzerland, besides them, I also love the bread, the chocolate drink and the original ovalmaltine drink.(not ovaltine, wikipedia said it was a misspelling a hundred years ago) Moreover, I love the berry and apple pies made by Ursina. I also love the crepe night, that we could make our own salty or sweet crepe.

I have to say thanks to Ursina's sister, Andrea and her husband, they treated me a very delicious home-made dinner. I like the caesar salad and the innovated nut spaghetti very much.

Thanks a million times, Ursina. If you, Fabrizio and your family come to my place, please prepare to bring an empty stomach, so that I can feed you with the most wonderful food. And of course I will remember what you don't like to eat:)

沒有留言: