20.3.09

Rio - Santa Teresa

Santa Teresa, the residential area situated in the suburb. With all the colourful colonial building and antique cars, this artistic region is my favourite in Rio.

I went to the 19th-century of Rio through this little tram.

This traditional open door tram allowed people to hang out of it and they didnt need to pay.

An overview from Santa Teresa of Rio.

When I walked around the region, I could hardly imagine that I was in Rio.




From the spanish world changed to Portuguese world.

Imagine there was a pink lady living here.

The whole region was full of incredibly beautiful antique cars.




At the end of the walk, we found the famous Escadaria Selaron, where the artist used tiles from all over the world to decorate the staircase.




Another postal box, the colour contrasts with the bright red tiles.


People from all over the world posted their unique tiles to this staircase. I searched around, there was no tile from Hong Kong. And the artist questioned me why I didn't bring him a tile!

Tiles from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

From Africa.

A 3D tile from Easter Island.

The artist's favourite painting subject, the pregnant woman in the favela.


If you see somebody dresses in red and keeps a Moustache who hangs around the colourful staircase, it will be a pity to not to take a picture with him.


ut

沒有留言: