27.11.08

Lima

Everyone told me Lima was ugly, dirty and no need to stay too long, especially the city centre. So for the first time I arrived, I chose to stay in Miraflores, a region which is 25mins away from the centre and much affluent.

As Miraflores is close to the Pacific Ocean, it is popular for Paragliding.



The romantic Parque del Amor, where couples kissing everywhere.



However Miraflores is too far away from the city centre and bus station, as a result I didn't visit the city centre for the first time. As I needed to go back Lima to take the flight after travelling in Bolivia, so I finally had chance to see the city centre when I arrived for the second time.

I went to the China town in Lima and went "yam cha" in a HONG KONG tea restaurant.

Interesting translations into spanish.

Wrong translation of the BBVA bank.

To be honest, though Lima is really dirty, because of the prolonged foggy weather and pollution, the colonial buildings are beautiful, especially the Plaza de Armas. So it still worth to spend a day or half here to explore the city centre.

The Peruvians are enjoying the rare sunshine in front of the Cathedral.


The super old fountains in Plaza de Armas,which was built in 1651.

Because of the coming APEC meeting in Lima, the government house was guarding heavily.

Plaza San Francisco in Sunset.

沒有留言: