17.9.08

First impression of Peru

Big!

This is the first impression of Peru once I entered into this country. Surely, Peru is 4 times as large as Ecuador, no wonder when I went into the door of Peru from the North, my only activity for the first few days was sitting in long ride bus!

From Loja in Ecuador to Piura in the northern coast of Peru, I used about 10 hours. Then from Piura to Chiclayo, only about 4 hours. (Noted that, it was only transit, no sightseeing at all).

From Piura to Chiclayo along the northern coastline, it is totally a desert.


From Chiclayo to my first destination, Chachapoyas which was in the centre of Andeans, it took almost 11 to 12 hours.

Sunset on the road from Chiclayo to Chachapoyas.


When I went back to the coast, Trujillo from Chachapoyas, because there were landslides on the road before, so it took incredibly long time, 17 hours!

Beautiful scenery along the way from Chachapoyas to Trujillo.




After toilet hour...from Chachapoyas to Trujillo. Luckily, the bus was quite comfortable.

While I thought this must be my longest bus ride in Peru, then I needed to take another bus from capital, Lima to Cusco, the gateway of Machu Picchu. It took me 22 hours!!! I hope this record won't be broken in the future!

沒有留言: